If you feel you need support to live your life safely and independently then you, or someone on your behalf, should contact Social Services. You will then be told if you are eligible for an assessment of need.
Read our factsheets about:
- Assessing your needs
- Your Self Directed Support options
- How to make your support plan
- Information about after your support starts
If Social Services agree to assessing your needs for support and confirm that a support package would enable you to continue to live safely and independently, they will work with you to select the right kind of support option, depending on your circumstances.
You can choose to:
- arrange support by employing your own support staff, or staff from a care agency (Option 1);
- advise us how you would like to spend your support budget (Option 2);
- ask for us to arrange your support (Option 3);
- or a variety of the above options (Option 4).
If you select Option 1, 2 or 4, you will be interested in choosing good local support provider(s). We have listed information to enable you to make an informed choice on the best support provider to meet your needs and lifestyle.